Webinar December 2020- Preparing your Business for Brexit ©
This interactive workshop clarifies the key issues your business needs to address in preparation for the end of the Transition Period with the EU – both as importers and exporters, and regardless of whether a Free Trade Deal is negotiated.
Delegates will be given a checklist they need to work through for definitive action before 31.12.20 which will also take into account contingency plans in the case of a Free Trade Agreement with the EU.
Each of the issues that will impact your business will be explained, followed by details of the action which needs to be taken in order to be prepared.
Where relevant, template documents will be issued for delegates to adapt for their own business. Course notes will be provided.
Due to Covid 19, the workshop will be delivered in a series of 2 hour webinars over the course of 5 days.
- EU – as we were, setting the context
- What would a Hard Brexit mean for your business?
- What would a Free Trade Agreement with the EU mean for your business?
- World Trade Organisation rules explained
- The export and import Customs Entry: what is it and what are your obligations
- The Tariff and H S Tariff codes: their role in international trade
- Origin and its role in payment of duty
- Regulatory and compliance issues discussed
- Delivery terms (Incoterms 2020) and their impact on your trade with the EU
- The importance of the Commercial Invoice in international trade
- VAT: your responsibilities on export and import
- Special Customs Procedures: ways to legally avoid paying import duty and VAT
- The Irish question
- Impact on cash flow & overheads
- Call to action
During the course of the workshop, delegates are encouraged to ask questions as part of the learning process. All information shared is treated with utmost confidentiality.
This interactive workshop clarifies the key issues your business needs to address in preparation for the end of the Transition Period with the EU – both as importers and exporters.
Book your place on this course which runs over 5 days in 2 hour sessions each day.