In the world of leaner business, very often in-house staff do not have the time to take on projects which will move the company forward on top of their daily job and budgets don’t allow for employing another staff member. EICS therefore provide an extra pair of trained hands as and when the need arises.
- Export Strategy Planning
- Comprehensive Export Documentation Service
- Import Management Service
- Export Licence Application Service
- Interim Management
- International Trade Helpline
Export Strategy Planning
Exporting can be very lucrative. It can also be costly if you don’t know what you’re doing.
Some companies make a conscious decision to export their product or service as part of their business plan, others consider it after receiving an unsolicited export enquiry. Either way, you need a plan.
Let EICS work with you to devise your strategy. Together with your key staff members, we will work to identify your export objectives, assess your readiness to export and deal with any shortfalls identified, determine which external factors will need to be taken into account, then prepare your step by step export plan.
If help is then needed in addressing areas of weakness, we offer a discount on our support service.
Comprehensive Export Documentation Service
The outsourced service will provide ‘back office’ management of all export shipments. This will include:
- raising all documentation required by the regulations of the importing country
- liaising with the freight forwarder to arrange collection
- providing the freight forwarder with instructions to ensure that transport documents are prepared correctly
- preparing collection paperwork for those shipments with documentary collection payment terms
- managing Letters of Credit, from an initial feasibility check to ensure the client will be able to comply with its terms and conditions and requesting any amendments required preparing all documentation required by the L/C and presenting documentation to the bank for payment. Should the bank have any queries, we will deal with them on your behalf.
Import Management Service
Ensuring the import transaction is processed correctly, from submission of purchase order showing terms and conditions to the client’s advantage, through to Customs Clearance and the use of the most beneficial Customs Entry regime to avoid unnecessary duty payments.
Export Licence Application Service
Short-term cover service available for such eventualities as maternity & paternity leave, staff holidays, staff training and peak busy periods. This service is offered for export credit control, export sales, import purchasing, market research and shipping departments.
International Trade Helpline
Unsure about some practicality to do with international trade? Would you welcome access to a specialist to discuss options or provide the answer to your question? Our helpline offers support for importers and exporters.
Call or email us with your query and we will respond to you either immediately or within 24 hours at the maximum. Hours of operation: Monday to Friday 8.30am – 5pm.
We offer various levels of service to suit your need. Try our Entry Level 2 hours’ per month and upgrade to higher levels of support as and when necessary.